Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Coffee and Pumpkin Paintings

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm teaching my first painting class. To practice, I asked my husband to be my first guinea pig. Here he is finishing up his masterpiece:


I'm glad he was willing to practice with me. We learned a few things on this round. The first being that the underglaze DOES matter. The first painting I did (seen below on the left) was done over a hot pink and bright blue painting our 5-year-old abandoned halfway through. The second was not to skimp on yellow ochre. We got some craft paint and the yellow ochre was a dull tan rather than the vibrant yellow. Still, I'm quite pleased with the results. 


Hers and His.
And I've completed another painting this week, though probably not one that will earn me any sort of notoriety. My sister invited me to a pumpkin painting contest at her work. The limitations: 1/2 hour, no palette (paint out of a cup), not my brushes. The assets: various paints, cool glittery bat stickers, free pumpkin!, and glitter.

Let me tell you, pumpkin is an unforgiving medium- both to paint and to photograph. I'll let you know if we do well, but I doubt it!


My Pumpkin
Normally I do an elaborate carved pumpkin every year, but I am so busy with school right now I'm not sure I'll be able to. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment